testing software

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JFW list <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:38:35 -0600

Okay.  You guys all know what I'm up to, rebuying computer equipment so I
can run a piece of software that will get me solidly in a job market.

But call me paranoid or something.  I've had an adaptive vendor download the
software and run it under XP Pro and it worked beautifully. The developer
tells me they only tested it under XP Pro, but they didn't think XP Home
would be a problem since their specs don't actually specify that it must be
XP Pro.

Would one of you who is computer savvy and is running XP Home be willing to
download this program and just verify for me that it does work with Jaws
under XP Home?  I'd want you to have the current Jaws and XP Home.

The program is a windows-based transcription program which allows you to
play back digital audio for transcription.

If someone is interested and can do this for me, contact me off list.  I'll
give more details then about the program and where to download it from.  I
only need one person, but I'll acknowledge anyone who offers.

Jean
jemenzies@xxxxxxx