switching users

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 01:52:27 -0700

    Sadly, we've just recovered from something nasty where our computer got
attacked by a virus, trogen, worm, who knows what.  All spyware and antivirus
was
up to date and running, so please, no flack about that.

My question is this. In rebuilding our computer system, I have just reinstalled
Jaws 7, running XP Home. Everything was fine until this installation, but
now when we attempt to invoke the switch user on the log off dialog, we get a
fatal error message.  Something about a possible program install error.
Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not talking about trying to do this with Jaws loaded, but it seems that
maybe, just maybe, something in the Jaws settings might have disabled or altered
fast user switching. Typically, sighted people in my family unload Jaws after
boot up and then go about their business, but if they switch users, we get
this fatal error and a blue screen.

Any ideas?

Jean