success with combo boxes, jfw 7.1 and ie 7

  • From: "Hal Pearson" <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:29:12 -0400

Hi to all on list,

I am happy to say that I managed to get combo boxes working with ie 7 and
Jaws 7.1 using custom highlight assign. I went to
www.audible.com
 and then to
www.canada411.ca

In both cases, combo boxes were already working great provided that I arrow
down slowly. I do admit there are times when, jfw will stop reading; it's
like focus is lost so things aren't perfect. When this occurs I just tab
once, then shift tab back to get the combo box working. I believe both sites
have the same fore and background colors. I must have made this adjustment
on another site with similar fore and background colors, I forget which one
though.
I'd be more than happy to share my internet explorer.jcf file if anyone
wants it. Just send to
hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
to keep what should be private requests off list. I make no guarantees this
will work on all sites using combo boxes but it's a start.

Hal