questions about a couple Facebook Aps.

  • From: kenlawrence124@xxxxxxx
  • To: gw-info@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:28:36 EST

Hi list members, Ken here.  I've been active on facebook, and have 56
friends in a little over a month.  I have had several sessions where I have
received gifts on the different games and things there.  Most notable is  the
Farmville game.  Last night I had 20 requests.  I accepted most of  them.  I
also got a few cause videos which I turned down and a cartoon  thing called
Yoville.  I turned that down too.  Some of the requests  are something like
this.  So And So sent you a green present or a blue  present.  The player is
supposed to open them at Christmas as part of the  game.  I've seen the
play farmville button but have yet to tinker with  it.  Does anyone know how
that game works and if the gifts are actually  prizes or are they just gifts
that are virtual for the game?  I also gotten  invites to participate in
Roller coaster kingdom including one or two items from  NFB performing arts
division member Adrienne Snow.  She has some sight so  she likely uses a screen
magnification program on her machine, but do any of you  know how these Aps
work with screen readers?  Oh Yeah there are a few that  I do have a feel
for like the snowball fight ap.  of course I've hit the  fight back button.
There also a bar tending ap think it's called pass that  drink or something
like that.  Had three requests from that.  all by  the same person.  This
after she hit me with snowballs in the snowball  fight.  What a wacky thing
this Internet is Huh?

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by it's
constitution.