Re: pandora.com: SqueezeBox

  • From: "Tom Shults" <TPShults@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:16:53 -0800

Another method for accessing Pandora, if you are a SqueezeBox owner is
through the Squeeze Network service.  I found that method, like everything
else in the SqueezeBox, to be very accessible.  The web pages for creating
and modifying radio stations are easy to use with Jaws.

For anyone not familiar with the SqueezeBox, it is a media player that
connects a computer to a home audio system.  Although it would be difficult
for a blind person to navigate their music collection using only its remote
control and front panel display, all of its features can also be accessed by
a very easy to use web interface.

The SqueezeBox costs about $250.  I have had a lot of fun with this device
since I bought it last spring.  In addition to playing music files you have
ripped to your hard drive, it also has support for a tremendous number of
internet radio stations and podcast.

Tom Shults