Re: new winamp 5.5 no library?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:12:27 -0500

Hi.   A couple things here.
Firstly, if you got your copy of Winamp from whitestick.co.uk, the fact that it's the lite version is clearly stated on the link to download it. I went there to see if this was the case, and it's true. So I guess if you really don't make much use of the library or bookmarks, then that's ok.

Secondly, I'm not sure why so so so many people are having trouble getting Winamp downloaded from the winamp.com site. It's a whole lot easier than you might think. Yes, the site isn't that friendly but if you know exactly what to do you can get it in a snap.

1.  Go to the site, and press enter on the player link.

2. When the page loads, hit the letter t to get to the first table on the page, and right there, clear as day, are all the links to the different versions you can get.
 press your down arrow key and you get

Full
http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp55_full_emusic-7plus_en-us.exe
Bundle
http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp55_full_bundle_emusic-7plus_en-us.exe
 Lite
http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp55_lite_en-us.exe
Pro
http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp55_pro_en-us.exe

Note if you want Winamp in another language other than English, just press the down arrow key and you'll be told which language it is, followed by the download link. If you just press your tab key, all the links will look exactly the same and it can be very confusing.

Hope that helps folks. I even had a problem with it til someone helped me so don't feel too bad.

Thanks.

At 05:45 PM 10/28/2007, you wrote:
Clifford I now have the real thing, you can access the library good as new with control alt +I; thanks.

Hal