navigating within a web-page's table cell

  • From: Michael Arnowitt <foodsong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:19:31 -0400

I understand how the keyboard commands work to move from one table cell to another on a web-page, but can not figure out how to move around within paragraphs of text in a single online table cell.

When I go to a web-page that has its contents in a table, Jaws seems to automatically do a say all. When I press control to halt the Say All, if I for example wanted to skip down a few paragraphs to see what else was in the article, if I press the down arrow key it says Table End. I assume it has maybe bounced my cursor to the end of the table, but am not sure.

So, how do you start and stop and read around within a web-page table cell?

I am using Jaws 10 with auto-forms on and Firefox, but I also have IE 7 so info on how to do this in either program would be great.

Thanks,
Michael

Alternative archives located at: