RE: moving the Jaws dictionary

  • From: "Chris Feist" <ccfeist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:36:02 -0600

Ah, I see.  One thought, however.  If you do the merge and problems do pop
up, couldn't you just uninstall and reinstall the latest JAWS version and
then choose not to do a merge?  It just seems like a simpler way of doing
things rather than manually doing all the resets.

Either way, if you aren't comfortable with doing a merge, then by all means
don't do it.  As of yet, I've had no problems with it, but the first time I
do I'll be weary of doing it again.  Just like a problem with system
restore, I got scared off.

And the other day I tried to configure Windows as suggested by FS in an
E-mail from them due to a quirk in the way JAWS 7 reads in Outlook.  My
system went totally crazy and luckily I got things set back the way they
were... barely.

On a personal note, I'm really getting sick and tired of trying to resolve
problems on my computer and only making things worse.  Sigh.  I'm about
ready to start giving the Geek Squad a call and just say "FIX THIS  MESS!!!"

Chris Feist - The one and only!