Re: most find dialog boxes

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:40:20 -0800

Judith,
I understood. I'm just saying, why should this be a discovery in this way
when, if you just go look at information that's provided, which I went and
read long before I even installed Jaws 8, you know about it? I'm trying to
point out the value of not reinventing the wheel for every ordinary function
that Jaws provides, when most of it is there to be learned without a great
deal of effort at all. But each to his or her own, I'll say, before anyone
starts the flaming. I just think it seems as if a lot of Jaws users never
make much of an attempt to learn much about how Jaws can be used, and rely
on chatting here to tell each other things that sometimes surprise me no one
seems to know is just ordinary information.

Oh, well. I'm sure that's not a diplomatic-enough way to encourage everyone
to go check out Surf's Up, or What's New in Jaws 8, and so forth. If peer
counseling is the preferred method to learn everything, including most
basics, okay, fine, but it's not necessary sometimes.