RE: logging out in Windows Xp Xp Professional Xp Mce

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 15:04:44 -0500

Hi.
        Go to control panel, power options, hit alt+t for system stand-by
(you can also tab to the combo box for system stand-by), hit end to get to
never, and tab once again. This second system stand-by box is for battery
power. If your system is a desktop, and not on a UPS, you can forget this
box, and just tab to OK and hit enter. If your system is a laptop, or runs
on a UPS, set this box to however long you want the system to wait idly
before going into stand-by when using batteries or UPS power. Tab to OK and
hit enter once you set this box, if you want to. This should prevent your
system from logging out at any time.
        HTH.
        Aman