Re: loading and uploading jaws?

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 02:06:54 -0600

Hi Juan,

To turn Jaws off, press Insert+F4 (this is the insert key on the numpad by the way).

To turn Jaws on with a shortcut key, you may have to create one. Follow these steps:

1. Pres Windows key+M to minimize all windows and place focus on the desktop. The windows key is found between the left Control and Alt keys.

2.  Press the letter J.  This will place the cursor on the Jaws icon.

3. Press the context menu button. This is the key to the left of the Control key on the right.

4. A pop-up menu appears. Press the up-arrow key until you hear Properties. Press Enter here.

5. A dialog box appears. Now press the Tabkey until you hear the speech say shortcut. You'll be inside a box that will allow you to create a shorcut key to start Jaws. If there is not already a shortcut, the box will say None. All you do here is press the key combination that you'd like to use to start Jaws. You can pretty much use any key combination you'd like. Many people prefer to use the Control+Alt+J combination. It's an easy one to remember. If that's ok with you, then go ahead and press Control+Alt+J. This command will now be reflected in the box. Press Enter. The dialog box will close.

And that's all there is to it. Now whenever Jaws is turned off, all you have to do is press Control+Alt+J to turn Jaws on.

Hope this is helpful.

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Juan Sosa" <typer12@xxxxxxxxxxx>