Re: jaws 10.0: How can i mute jaws?

  • From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69mach1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 07:45:15 -0700

Hi Hamid;

Below is the email from the person that explains the Jaws kill keystroke and
how to do it.  I personally don't have this, so I don't know for a fact how
it will work.
I have an icon on my desktop called "Kill JAWS" and it's the only icon
beginning with the letter "K". This is a simple taskkill command to
surgically remove JAWS with no prompts.

Once removed I then launch JAWS again with Alt+Ctrl+J.

Saved me a lot of grief.

The command for my machine is:

%windir%\system32\taskkill.exe /f /im jfw.exe

Dave
From: Janitha RukmalFrom Victorious

Hi Christine  & all, Here's a cool method 2 creat that shortcut to kill
JAWS. This works with Windows XP pretty well. Have your focus on the desktop
first. Then press the application key to open the context menue that you get
when you rightclick on the desktop. optionally use the right mouse button,
assigned to the *key of your computer's keyboard to get here. find the "new"
menue item by uparrowing two times. Anyhow, once you are there, find new
shortcut list item. press enter & in the edit field you get in the wizard
that follows enter the following

%windir%\system32\taskkill.exe /f /im jfw.exe

Hope this works fine with
Vista too. Anyway I hate Vista & don't expect my assistance in Vista related
issues. XP do well enough for me untill I start working with my Brandnew
copy of Windows 7 that is in times to come.   Janitha RukmalFrom Victorious
Sri Lanka

Hope this has helped.  Take care.
Mike