Re: jaws 10.0: How can i mute jaws?

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 06:19:53 -0400

Mike & Barbara:

I have written this reply to this suggestion many times.

Using the method you suggest, only works as long as the window/program in
which you used it does not change in any way. And, I mean in any way.

If the window gets refreshed for any reason, JAWS will be unmuted.

If a programmed scheduled event is executed by Windows and a new program
window is opened, JAWS will be unmuted.

I repeat, your suggestion will only work, as long as nothing changes at all,
during the time JAWS is muted, using the method you suggest.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber