Re: internal or external memory

  • From: "Rik James" <Ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:14:50 -0600

Hi, K.

I have also decided that the external drive is a good way to go.
I don't know all what I maybe should, but I am learning, and I get good tips on this list for sure.

My one tip to add, is what I've decided to do, though someone may have more to suggest that is better.

The first external drive I had, I was not backing it up regularly and I lost the data when the drive just for some reason would no longer be recognized, and though it powers up it is seemingly dead.

So, what I am doing now is I have 2 of these external drives that are both 1TB capacity.

I downloaded the Replicator program from www.karenware.com for free on someone's suggestion from this list. Every night I open that program and it performs the several backup jobs, of making duplicate copies of newly added or revised files to the second external hard drive.

So far, it is working well, and I'm sleeping better. And I'm so tickled to have a software that works so completely well with JAWS screen reader.

And thanks to all on the list for helping me and all of us. I try to read most of your posts when time permits.

Rik
Alternative archives located at: