hotmail (regular version) problems are now fixed.

  • From: "Andy B" <a_borka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:28:19 -0400

Hi..

I did a little homework on this issue. Here is how to completely fix the
problems you are having and make it totally accessible for jaws.

1. sign in to the regular version of hotmail at www.hotmail.com.
2. do a virtual find with jaws for the word "classic" (it should land on a
link called "classic").
3. Hit enter on this link. You will be changed to the classic view of
hotmail live.
4. look for a link called "new" (this will open a new email view).
5. At the top of the email view, there is a combobox that has the word
"attach..." in it. This is for atachments.
A. Arrow down to either file or picture and hit enter. A new web page view
(attachment form) will appear.
B. fill out the form and submit it. You will be returned to the new email
view.
6. Fill out the from, to and subject lines as normal.
7. Arrow down once from the subject edit box and there will be a graphical
link that jaws says as "graphic plain text". Press enter on this link to
change the email body to plain text instead of rich text. If you ever want
to change back to rich text, just hit enter on that link.
8. fill out the email body. Any html code is accepted in the body field.
9. turn forms mode off and virtual find for the word "send". Press enter on
the link to send the message.

The reason for all of these problems is because of the hotmail live full
version. Use classic instead. If there are any more problems/questions, just
let me know and I will research them out on the subject here.