Re: hotmail

  • From: "Selina Tholl" <dragon_blue_fire@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:07:26 -0600

Hi Jewel,
sure can here are the steps listed below:

Ok, if you don't have an account when you start up outlook express it will
open up a wizard, the first page will ask for your name.  If you already
have an email account set up in outlook express, go to the tools menu choose
accounts, tab to the mail tab, tab to add button, press space and select
mail.  It will bring up the wizard I talk about below.  When you tab to next
it will ask for your email address.Upon entering your hotmail email e.g.
fred@xxxxxxxxxxx and then tab to and go to next it will say my incoming mail
server is a: and a combo box will be selected to HTTP, leave that be, it is
correct, infact all settings are right on this page, or should be.  The rest
of the settings are: My HTTP mail service provider is: then a combo box will
say Hotmail.  Then next one reads: Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP)
server: This box has a url in it and is grayed out, so it is untouchable.
The final setting on this page is: AN SMTP server is the server that is used
for your outgoing email, it and the box below it are grayed out so go to
next.  The next page is about logging on, make sure it has your whole email
address in the account name filed and if you want to remember your password,
put it in and make sure remember password is checked.  Leave the Log on
using secure password authentication (SPA) unchecked and go to next.  The
last is the finish page, click finish and you are done.

I hope this helps out

Selina