help! Desperation city!

  • From: "Liz Wade" <ewade@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw-employment@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:48:43 -0700

Hi List:

If this problem is too Jaws unrelated I appologise in advance but I don’t
know where to turn or what to do next.  I was originally wanting to purchase
a Jaws compatible programme to convert avi files to mpg or something I could
play on my dvd player which I have hooked up to my stereo and tv set.  I
purchased replay converter which was great as far as it went; however, the
closest thing I converted to was mpeg-4 which converted to a file with the
extention of mp4.  Anyhow, I burned the mp4 file on to a dvd and though it
worked great on my computer, my dvd player had a message saying unknown disc
type.  Now do I have to buy some sort of codec to convert the mp4 file to
mpg or something and if so which one is Jaws compatible?  Or failing that,
do any of you know exactly what formats are supported by most standard dvd
players; mine is a Daiwa which ZI’ve had for about two years and all the
manual says is that most audio and video types are supported.  I hope I can
get this resolved as I may be too late to get my refund.  Thanks in advance
and hope someone has some ideas.

Sincerely, Liz Wade

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:14 AM