Re: firewall and resources

  • From: "Gary Jackson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 03:30:54 -0500

Hi Glenna,

Memory is important but not the only thing that will affect resources. I
used to run zone alarm on 98SE and M E and running zone alarm never dropped
my system resources more than 7 or 8 percent. I can't imagine it dropping
yours 30 percent. I'm not doubting that you are giving the facts but it
sounds like it would be a good idea to go to sygate or another firewall
program until you can actually move up to windows XP, which handles
resources better than 98.

Gary