Re: filtering of mails

  • From: "Priti Rohra" <priti.rohra@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:29:49 -0700

Hi Archana,

Are you using Outlook Express?

The following steps are applicable to Outlook Express users:

In the Outlook Express window(Not hte message window) go to Tools menu.

Arrow down to Create Rule sub-menu
Select the Mail option

Now in the window which appears on the screen, click on New...

In the first group of conditions check boxes, select Where the TO line
contains people. Press space bar to check this option

Tab and move to the Action group of check boxes. Select the option of your
choice and press spacebar.

Tab to the Rule description window, and pressing down arrow will directly
select the To line contains people. Press Enter on it, a new window will be
activated. In the edit field, type jfw@freelists .org and click on Add...

This willbring you back in the Mail rule window. Now pressing down arrow,
will take you to the new window, from which you can select a folder from the
existing one or create a new one. Click on Ok and close the dialog box.

Tab once and write the name for the rule you just created. Close the window
by clicking on Ok button.

ALso close the main window by clicking on the Ok or apply button.

Hope This Helps.
Cheers,
Priti...
INDIA.