Re: excel bordeers

  • From: "MFurn" <midnight1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:31:37 -0500

Hi Anna.

You did a marvellous job in describing a lot of what happens with borders.
Could you please tell me how does the "inside button" work?

Let us use the range a1to f10 as an example.  A thick border has been
assigned and works well.  Now, as you stated, all inside borders are thin
line graphic.  Try as I might, I can not change the inside lines with out
changing the outside borders.  Even If a smaller range is picked.  For
example, c2 to e9.

I did find out, if you chose, for sake of arquement, thick continue line for
a1 to f10, then chose a1 to a10 and go to the border tab, the left, top and
right border will be checked.  Therefore, all you have to do is check the
bottom  and all outside borders are thick continue.

Now, what I wish to do is  have the bottom border medium continue. No matter
if I select a2 to f2 and chose medium contine for the top, the left outside
in a2 and the right for f2 become thin graphic.    In other words, I'm
overriding the first setting fo thick continue for the outside border.

Confused?  So am I!!!

Have a coffee and an asprine.

Mark F.