Re: e-books with JAWS

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 08:11:04 -0500

It's probably going to be one of the Adobe formats.  Microsoft's eBooks or .lit
files were a royal pain in the backside for me and I never got them to work.
Mobipocket worked for me but you kept having to use the jaws cursor to read a
page and you have to actually turn the page (probably set up that way for
sighted people to get the illusion of actually turning pages in a paperback or
something) so, you can't just hit Say All and expect Jaws to keep reading on
down the page.  With Adobe, you stand a greater chance of just being able to
have the file accessible and read it all the way through with Jaws or, at
least, the read out loud feature in Adobe.  Too bad there's not a Daisy
converter out there that would turn Adobe books into Daisy or all the other
formats for that matter.

HTH,
Alex