Re: digital music programs and jaws

  • From: "Dreamer" <dreamer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:37:03 -0500

Hi John,
What version of Gold Wave is out right now?
I use V5.12, but I think there is a newer version out, but this version does
the job with ease once you learn the keystrokes which are quite easy.
 Also, how much room does the average cassette take up?
If you mean minute wise, that depends on the length of the cassette. If you
mean in megabites, I find if I save them in the .MP3 format after every thing
that I'm going to do to that cassette it comes out to be between 20 & 35
megabites per song. I have a 100 gigabite external hard drive with over 9500
songs in the .MP3 format and have only used up about one forth of the avaleable
storeage space. Hope that helps with the size.
 Finally, does JFW tell you how large the file is once you've put it into the
PC?
Two ways:
1. press control a and Jaws will tell you the amount of time the file is and 2.
After saveing the file if you press insert s you will hear all none or high
lighted. If you pick all you will get the format, the amount of time and a few
other things about the file.
Hope this is what you wanted to know.
  Brian