RE: dectalk serial

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 19:43:10 -0400

Interesting question. When Digital Equipment Corp (DEC) was bought out, the
successor company disappeared the project. But in recent years a California
company has assumed the Dectalk name and produced the so-called USB version.
Sadly, it doesn't respond as immediately to commands, and I don't find the
speech as clear. In any event, since they're using the Dectalk brand name, I
assume they did some research and found the answer.

  _____