configuration files

  • From: "Peter" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 00:51:04 -0000

Hi, could someone tell me how I would associate configuration files with a
program. I am using Live Messenger v9 but JAWS isn't recognising it as Live
Messenger i.e. I don't get the typing sounds when somebody types a message and
the verbocity options are the generic ones. Also if I try to go to
configuration manager I have to create a new JCF file.

Is there a way to link the JCF files for Live Messenger 8 which come with JAWS,
to my new version of messenger. I realise that they might not work exactly as
the visual screens might be different and buttons maybe differeent etc, but
thought it worth a try.

Hope someone can help.

Peter