Re: changing how Jaws reads e-mail

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:27:26 -0700

Ruben,

Then I'm not sure why you can't read your messages line-by-line with the arrow
keys.

I have had situations where JAWS would stop reading messages (especially html)
line-by-line due to some other application mashing the virtual object model, or
because JAWS might have the infamous memory leak. However when JAWS is working
after a reboot it reads line-by-line fine for any number of hours.

I've found the following steps work so as to avoid having to reboot:
1. Close Outlook
2. Kill JAWS (using the jfwkill.exe command).
3. Load JAWS again.
4. Load Outlook again.

This often works to put things right again.

Dave