Re: block quote, another thought!

  • From: "AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" <ab7hw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:33:22 -0700

Hi Bruce
What I see in email is
"blocked quotes Start"
and then to close this
"blocked quotes end"
Or something close to that, it was just a curiosity to me that this appeared?
It has started appearing in different email in the last several months.
This does not appear in all Email messages, only a few.
I have all of my email set to text.
So if a story were sent to me or something that I thought was good I would copy the message and paste it into another Email and send it to a Friend or two.
In the new email message the
"blocked quotes Start"
and then to close this
"blocked quotes end"
remains unless I delete the phrase, it is controllable in the text.
It does as many have said seem to point out a paragraph or something that may be more important to the sender and a way to provide emphases to the topic.
Interesting about the use in HTML as I have two web sites written specifically in HTML and have never run on to the use of "Block quotes start or end"
Generally if I want to provide emphases for a paragraph I use Bold or Italics or quotes or some other measure.
If I want to bring it to some ones attention or make navigating the web page easier I use Highlights.
Anyway thanks for your inputs and everyone else that has responded!
Dick
www.blindleader.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Toews" <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>