bit rate and file size?

  • From: Kenlawrence124@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:57:21 EDT

Hi list members ken here with a question about the bit rate and running
time of songs downloaded.  Today I downloaded a runaways song from
4shared.com the file is the whole song but it only shows about 1.6 MB.  I  had
heard
somewhere that a meggabite is about a minute of running time listening  to a
song.  How does the bit rate of a file impact the listening  time?  Also is
there a way to find out the bit rate of a song using the  Jaws cursor while
listening to it?  I know you can do it with a stream such  as an Online
radio station.  Thanks ken.