Re: bit rate and file size?

  • From: "Douglas C. DeCamp" <ddecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:21:32 -0500

Ken,
 A megabyte to a minute of play time generally is close for a 128 bit fixed
rate encoded  MP3.  A 256 bit fixed rate would be double, etc.  However, many
files are encoded in Variable bit rate which is not quite as easy to predict.
In Winamp you can use Alt+3 during playback to obtain information about the
file including bit rates.