bit levels and jfw

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 20:35:37 -0000

 Dear list, I am typing this from my old XP laptop using jaws 12,32 bit, why am
I not using my windows 7 64 bit and Jfw 12? Well although the dell desktop  is
less than 1 year old, it crashed downloading Jaws 12, bringing back the
memories of my Viglen desktop, failing last year whilst downloading jaws 11,
and an engineer saying it had "had it,  thankfully I had an external drive and
it had backed up, Now I do have a 2 year warranty and after several frantic
days of hunting have the contract details  will phone dell support in morning
.In UK we have to buy if a home user an Indian call center if you are a
professional or business Ireland. then    . what was I doing at time of crash?
well it was the second crash  in a short time I was getting in helpful
information via Skype from a Jaws user  across the Pond, his system crashed or
lost Jaws first each time and mine followed. The person helping me is of the
opinion that Jaws 12 does not like 64 bit ,and prefers 32 bit. I asked the
friend in Uk who advised 64 bit and more than 4 of ram if you can,he  is VIP as
well and works in a bank networking and doing very technical things. Friend
said,"no 64 bit is the future we are all gearing up for it" He said he was of
the opinion the next version of windows would be 64 bit only.  Well obviously
windows 7 is only 1 year old,but technology is moving very fast I am as
mentioned typing this using an  old   Toshiba laptop and outlook express,but
heard an article in a computer magazine that only xp2003 will be supported
until supported till April 214 if my windows is 2002article said microsoft has
withdrawn support,,unless I have sp3 sorry this rather long I ran belark and
hear sp2 and something sounding like sp4,but until I can get hold of the
engineer who visited last week and who cleaned xp laptop offin May,  I am not
sure
would it take long to download  ? Dorothy