balloons and automatic Windows Updates

  • From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:42:34 -0500

Hi,
I have two questions concerning XP Home and Jaws 6.

There seem to be pop up messages, and things identifying themselves as
balloons.  Does hitting Escape get rrid of them?  Is there a setting for
them?

One of the messages keeps asking me if I want to have automatic Windows
Updates.

I am using dial up, and not sure if that is a good idea, or not.

Will it only do the critical updates?

I'm wondering because someone mentioned not too long ago, that there were
some issues with Jaws and Windows Updates.

Thanks.
Crystal