Re: backward find in Word

  • From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:39:32 -0800

Good advice, Don, but it may be worth adding one caution: If you're in the
habit of using Control Page Up and Control Page Down to skip through your
Word document one page (as opposed to one screen) at a time, this function
won't be available to you anymore after you've used the same commands to
repeat a search you began using Control F. Word will continue to believe
that you're still looking for more instances of what you typed into the Find
edit field, and either take you to the next occurrence of that search string
or, if it finds no more of that, it will tell you so. you can't just say
"thank you," then, and return to using Control Page Up and Control Page Down
to skip a page in one direction or the other.

Now, there's a way to restore the other function to Control Page Up and
control Page Down, but I forget exactly. I think it may be to press Control
G for the go to page number command, and then either use it for real or just
hit Escape or something. that will restore the original key combination
assignments. Someone who knows please say what you do, exactly. I'm sure
there are some Jaws and Word power users on the list who know this.