RE: adobe help

  • From: "Peter Quaiattini" <Peter_Quaiattini@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:42:43 -0600

Hi Ashish -=20
Sometimes, PDF document authors place additional security on their =
documents to prevent you from doing just exactly what you are trying to =
do. Probably they don't appreciate the impact of their actions.

You have a few options:

1) you could approach the document authors, and request them to provide =
you with an iunsecured version of the PDF file.

2) Adobe has some online conversion tools; basically you give Adobe the =
PDF and they give you a text file back.
There are 2 ways of doing this; either via email or a web interface. =
Both are available on the page at:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_onlinetools.html=20
Once you are on this page, look for "Online conversion tools". There is =
a list immediately below with links to the email and web interfaces.

Good luck!

/Peter=20

From: "ashish" <ashish_rohtagi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: adobe help
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:20:22 +0530

hello friends, I have some office 2000 tutorials, they are in PDF form, =
tried to save them as text using adobe 6, but jaws said that menu item =
was
unavailable, I tried to select them but got this message, "this document =
is
secured selection is not aloud" I am not comfortable with adobe, is =
there
such a way that I can save this document as text? regards