RE: XP profiles & Jaws loading

  • From: "Chris Jenkins" <saveup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:56:42 -0400

Hello Jed.

Here are the instructions from the jaws help to start jaws when you log =
in
to your remote session.

Starting JAWS on the Server Automatically

If you want JAWS to start automatically when you log in so you receive
speech and/or Braille feedback immediately, do the following:
List of 5 items
1.=A0Start a terminal session and log on to the server.
2.=A0Select the JAWS shortcut on the terminal session desktop and press =
ENTER.
3.=A0From the Options menu, choose Basics.
4.=A0Move to the Automatically Start JAWS check box and press the =
SPACEBAR.
5.=A0Choose OK to add the JAWS shortcut to the Startup folder for your =
user
account.
list end

If you have local access to the server computer, you can add the JAWS
shortcut to the Startup folder manually. This provides speech feedback =
the
first time
you log on to the server. Do the following to add the shortcut:
List of 5 items
1.=A0Log on to the computer with the account you use for remote =
connections.
2.=A0On the Windows desktop, select the JAWS shortcut and press CTRL+C.
3.=A0Press WINDOWS Key+E to start Windows Explorer.
4.=A0Navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup.
5.=A0Press CTRL+V to paste the shortcut into the folder
list end

I hope this helps.

Chris.