Re: XM Radio Users

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:59:26 -0600

Well the actual xm radio itself has nothing to do with JAWS, 2 separate
things completely.
Setting up your account and activating your radio online is very straight
forward, as is adding premium services like Opie and Anthony or The Playboy
Channel.  You can do this very easily.  The XM Radio Online site is, to put
it blunt, inaccessible as hell.  None of the buttons read properly and it
takes a long time to find what you want.
Many people have written to XM and have asked that they make their online
service more accessible to those with disabilities, but these requests have
not been answered.  We get the usual form letter and are told that our
requests are forwarded to the webmaster.  This webmaster, whoever he/she is
aparently simply does not get it and probably won't, sadly.
I'm of the opinion that if you're paying extra for something that you
should at least be able to use it.