RE: Windows media Player 9 and Jaws.

  • From: red <red2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:12:47 -0400

Hi, speed readers
Would you like more control of the speed in Mp3 files?

While In Media Player Turn on Speed settings by hitting alt v e for
enhancements
check show enhancement
then arrow down to play speed settings (check).

I'm using JFW 5.00.844, Windows XP, Media Player 9.
When you want to change speed hit f8 to mute your mp3, now you will hear
JFW 5 only.
insert plus control plus f for jaws find
press escape to move focus into the speed settings (happens to be near the
centre of screen)
tab 9 times to snap slider to common speed (14 per cent is normal)
Press f8 to start playing your song again
Now use your arrow keys to control your speed.

You can also use media player menu or the jaws search as above and:
Read track info by tabbing to media playlist and next current playlist.
To jump forward or backward tab to Seek left right slider then use arrow keys.
To increase Media play volume tab to volume left right slider then use
arrow keys.

Preston