Which Accessible Antispyware Solution?

  • From: "Kane Brolin" <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:34:16 -0400

Hi.  It's been awhile since I've been active on this list, but I have
a question regarding antispyware.

A few years ago, I purchased and grew very pleased with Ad-Aware,
updating as far as Ver. 1.06.  I downloaded and installed the JFW
scripts for Ad-Aware that were found at
http://accessibleprograms.com/.

Now I've got the opportunity to purchase either the 2008 Pro or 2008
Plus version of Ad-Aware.  But I got second thoughts when I went to
AccessiblePrograms and found that the JFW Ad-Aware scripts won't work
on the newer versions at all.  I know Spybot is good, but always has
worked differently from Ad-Aware and always has blocked other types of
content.  So what antispyware program do other listers recommend?  Or
is it viable simply to stick with Ad-Aware 1.06 and continue
downloading definitions for as long as Lavasoft supports this
practice?

Cheers,

-Kane