Re: What is a definition list?

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 18:44:21 -0400

I agree, as most web developers do not use the markup correctly (in my experience). I'm not even sure that it really makes that big of a difference if it is used correctly, I am likely going to figure out that it is a list of terms and definitions without being told.

Everett

On 5-Mar-09, at 5:10 PM, Yardbird wrote:

I believe that in practice, when the average jaws user hears this phrase on a Web page, it really just means here's the beginning of a series of listed items. In which case the wording becomes a bit irrelevant and potentially distracting for most of us non-[programmer, non Web design-savvy Jaws users who would be happy enough to just hear they were coming to a list, the word "definitions" having nothing to do with their interests at the moment. First time I heard it, I wondered what definitions? had I accidentally stumbled into some kind of online dictionary and thesaurus function? I learned to ignore it, of course. But such is my impression and experience, anyway.