Re: What does "clickable" mean in a web page?

  • From: Michael Arnowitt <MA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:56:06 -0400

GW., I think you may be on to something. I'm actually dealing right now with trying to open a link that Jaws says clickable on mouse over. Does anybody know what that means? What is the remedy if you encounter this, and how did you turn off mouse over if that's important? I've tried the suggestions mentioned in this thread to get the link to open, so far, no joy.

I can't post what the page is I'm looking at as you'd need a password to get in, but it appears similar to a Gmail mailbox of messages, each on its own line. I believe I'm to the right of a checkbox and from where I am to the end of the row there's a read/unread graphic, then sender, message subject, date etc. from left to right. These links open with the mouse but I can't figure out a keyboard way to open the links.

Michael

At 12:44 PM 10/21/2010, you wrote:
I wonder if clickable has something to do with mouse over, which I have turned off. The web page has some unlabeled graphics and a form to register. A normal link down the page seems to go to a directory of classes.
University of Warwick - Post Graduate Application - New User Registration

Postgraduate Admission

Registration
<
Image
Image
Image

Email address:
Password:
Confirm password:
Please note: Your account will expire after 12 months of inactivity. You may re-register at any time. Please enter a current Email address and choose a password Note: The password MUST be at least 8 characters in length.
Date of Birth:
(security question)
dd/mm/yyyy
*

*

*

Date/Time Picker
*

Cancel

Postgraduate Admissions Team, Student Admissions and Recruitment Office, University House, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 8UW.
Enquiry form:
<http://www.warwick.ac.uk/go/contactpgadmissions>www.warwick.ac.uk/go/contactpgadmissions
 Telephone: +44 (0)24 765 24585