Re: Watching TV Online

  • From: "Reese" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:00:59 -0500

Hi Scott:

Thanks for your well written directions on setting your TV tuner to work
with your computer.  Will have to get someone here and play around with it.
I have a system here with windows media center.  I wonder will this also
work with DirectTv?  Thanks!

For sure the media center program isn't very speech friendly at all.  Also
have you had any chance to check out the FM radio tuner within there?
Playing music and DVDS also can be done within there as well.

Reese

http://www.bigshack.net
email:
reese@xxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN:
bigshack918@xxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- Hi Dave,

Here is what my set up is here:

I have a Sony Vaio Desktop with a flppy drive and memory card readers and
all the good stuff.  On the back of my pc a card sticks out with a few
jacks this is the tv tuner.  I simply plug in my set top box which may be
either digital cable, cable or satellite.  Then I set this computer which
runs Windows Xp Mce (Media Center Edition) to the Media Center.  Now here
is where it really gets trick cause Jaws doesn't read this stuff too
well.