Voice over IP

  • From: "emarquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:12:55 -0500

Our firm, beginning in January, will convert its current telephone
system to VOIP (Voice over IP).
It has been suggested that JFW might actually work with such a system,
furnishing the caller ID read-out that is currently inaccessible.
Before anyone jumps in with the revelation that there are talking caller
ID systems, remember I am operating in an environment with 700 attorneys
and over 2,000 employees using a digital phone system.  None of the
consumer talking caller ID systems work.
So, Voice over IP sounds promising.
Has anyone had any experience with Voice over IP with JFW?  If so, what
should I watch out for?  To the extent I can control my own destiny,
what should I be looking for?
Thanks!

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.