RE: Visio and JAWS

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:47:25 -0400

What I found over the weekend is that all the information is available
through the programming interface of Visio, if anyone cares to develope
such a program, it could tell you every shape, it's text, and how it
connects to any other shapes.  I wrote a little test VBA program in
Visio and it listed for me all the shapes on the current page, their
types and textual descriptions (thanks Peter for the test document).

It would be doable, but much harder, to develope a program that let you
create such a document via the programming interface.

Still, I have some e-books on Visio, and some on VBA (but you can get to
the Visio object model from any language) if anyone would like them.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator