Re: Viewing messages in inbox

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:44:39 -0500

Follow-up. After trying changing some other settings under view, layout, I
cannot really say that they made a noticeable difference in the folder
navigation problems. When I tried compacting the folders, Windows live
consolodated them into an 'unread' folder which seemed worse than the way the
folders look originally. I think it works better for me to have the quick view
and the storage folders unchecked under view, layout, folders pane button. As I
am coming through a hotmail account, unchecking the storage folders keeps these
unused folders from cluttering the folder treeview. I agree with those who say
the program needs work, but can manage the essentials, just not navigate the
folders as easily as in OE.

Cher

>>> "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx> 4/30/2008 8:28 AM >>>
Alan- Have you changed any of the defaults? I'm trying to figure the best
settings for the program out also, but do not have a problem with the message
list. Under layout, I have the reading pane turned off; I'm checking whether
turning off the quick view pane helps the folder navigation problem, and am
wondering what effect that new search thing has- because it seems to get in the
way of a 'say line' when moving through the folder list. I'll try turning off
that search thing next.

Cher

.

>>> "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx> 4/26/2008 3:14 PM >>>
Hello listers,

I figured out the problem I was having with entering text in the message body
of Windows Live Mail. Unlike Outlook Express, you have to enter forms mode
before typing.

Now the other problem I'm having is when trying to view the list of messages in
the inbox. JFW only tells me that this is for example, "message 2 of 3" but I
am unable to arrow up or down through the list of emails. Any help would be
appreciated.

Alan