Viability of Cisco Chat with JFW

  • From: Kane & Danika Brolin <decorium@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:38:40 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

First of all, thanks to everybody who has helped to answer several burning
questions I've had while attempting to renovate the software on an old PC
lately.

While in search of tech support from manufacturers, I've had occasion to use
online chat.  I've found that this barely works with JFW, probably because of
Java applets that continually change how the screen looks.  I've found that,
especially when using Cisco Chat, the screen refreshes itself so often that JFW
will read absolutely nothing about 80% of the time the chat window actually is
open.

Is there a remedy for this? either through altering JFW or through controlling
the chat window itself through some kind of a command?

On a related note, what chat software or interfaces (if any) do work well with
JFW?

Regards,

-Kane