Re: Trend Micro

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:45:53 +0200

Hi Rose,
Yes, my bank gave it to me, and I must also advise you to uninstall it, I am looking for another security suite. I'll give you an example of the problem I have. First, it's interesting, mine doesn't find anything wrong with JAWS, my version is 2007. Second, and this has now happened twice, but when windows pop up with virus warnings, my brother actually saw them, JAWS just kept on alt-tabbing past them and not speaking, so I didn't know what they were, and when I try to use cursors to read them, it didn't work, just said blank. Even when my brother help me access the virus warning and the options window, it was so hard to get it to choose the option to delete the file. It's got a nice system tray interface to get it to scan and stuff, but it's not great for us. Some others that I've tried which don't really work well with JAWS are Steganos. F-secure works quite well actually, and I'm also going to try Kaspersky. I just want something that will allow me most control possible to control it's features. If your laptop doesn't go on the internet, maybe an antivirus is enough, you don't need a security suite, but if you can't connect to the internet how will you update it?
Ari
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>