Re: Toshiba Query

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 08:44:14 -0900

I have a USB device that turns a normally internal hard drive into an
external device, it works for SATA as well as 2.5 and 3.5 inch IDE
devices.  If the file system on your old disk is still at all good you
should be able to extract your data from it.  If the drive itself is
dead there's not much you can do on your own, but as has been
mentioned there are companies who perform that kind of work.   I
wasn't able to find quotes on any of the services that popped up with
a quick search but from what I am told such things are getting to be
affordable for normal users and not just companies with business
critical  data.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx