Re: The ever continuing message message

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:21:50 -0800

John,
that's approximately the same as what I'm saying.  It just started a little
while ago.  And of course it doesn't kill anyone, but I do get tired of opening
a JFW list message to hear "message" first thing.  It's just kind of stupid.  I
am starting to think it may have something to do with something the listserv
does with the mail in the process of distributing it.  But how would I know?
All I know is that nothing changed in my email client, nor my version of Jaws,
and that I don't encounter this silly thing on any other mailing list or in any
other examples of my email correspondence.

What can you do.  I can live with it.  But I can't help being curious and wish
someone with the appropriate tech expertise would explain it, instead of us all
going around like the five blind men feeling the elephant.  That routine gets
really funny sometimes, when all of us are speculating as hard as we can, based
on each of our levels of tech knowledge about the subject at hand.  If there
are any programmers or others on the list with that level of savvy about such
things, no one has spoken up.  Yet, at least.

.

Oh, well.