RE: TextAloud: What is it, exactly?

  • From: "Lauren childress" <childress54@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:35:24 -0500

www.nextup.com is the name uf the url.

Lauren Childress
"always remember, to play after every storm." Mattie J.T. stepanek
"It is the nature of the oppressor, that defines the nature of the struggle."
Nelson Mandela.
"you are either alive or you are dead, and if you are dead then you do not care."
Stephen Biko
Nkosi sikelel'i Afrika!

From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: TextAloud: What is it, exactly?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:12:51 -0800

I regret to say that I've missed nearly all the posts in this thread because I didn't understand at first what the program was. My impression was that it
was some sort of text to speech freeware that could be used if your Jaws
broke down or something. Now, seeing how long the thread has gone on, I
realize that there must be something more useful and more special about its
functionalities, after all. Rather than ask someone to take time to write me an explanation about the program, how about if someone just gives me the one
most appropriate URL to a Web site where I can simply read an introduction
and description of it? That would be fine. I did a Google search for "text
aloud," but had trouble figuring out which search result was a link to the
actual company that produces this program and might have readable and
comprehensive information about it on their Web site.

Thanks to anyone who can direct me helpfully to the best Web site to learn
more about Text Aloud, in the way I've described..