Tech question

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:25:39 -0400

Hi everyone,

Got a very tough problem to solve.  I was running a 3 Ghz P4 Intel system.  I
started having system resets randomly.  Since I had had problems with the Abit
main board in the system and this was the 2nd motherboard I had tried in it I
replaced the board and processor and video card with a Athlon 64 system.  Well
my random reboots have reared their ugly head again.  When i replaced the MB
and processor and video card I also did a clean windows XP installation, so I
know the system is clean.  When I send the problem to microsoft all I get back
is that a unknown device driver caused a stop i.e. blue screen of death.

Any ideas???  I had also replaced the memory while I had the other board
believing that to be the problem.  Only things that are in common between the
two systems are the SB Audigy 2 sound card, a Intel 56k fax/modem and the
hardrives and dvd burner.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rick

=======