Strange things with JAWS 9 & Vista

  • From: "Peter" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 12:37:30 -0000

My computer seems to becoming more and more unstable as time is going on.

I'm finding JAWS is giving strange results such as if I ALT + TAB to switch
programs, JAWS first says 'MENU' then if I press tab again it does cycle
through the list of programs, then when I let go to select one of my open
programs, it says 'MENU CLOSED'.

Also, in Internet Explorer, I keep having probelms getting it to go to the
menus and when pressing ALT is simply stays on the web page.

Then I've found it seems to be getting stuck in lists such as windows contacts
or the Open With dialogue.

When I first started using the JAWS 9 beta first release I found it much better
response wise, compared to the full release now.

I've got virus and firewall on my PC and done a check, and my settings are no
different for display etc than they were a few weeks ago.

Anybody else having probelms.

Petery