Re: Scripting for a new app this summer

  • From: Marijan Janev <janevm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 14:07:28 +0200

Hi John,
I understand your recommendation, but I'm interested in a office project and after all I decide to ask you for a help. Because Jaws11 and jaws 12 doesn't support wordperfect X4 and X5 at all, I'm wandering if it's possible to modify the scripts for wordperfect X3 to support X4 and X5? Is it too big or too difficult to be done? The X3 scripts isn't so good because they doesn't support stiles , overstrike and similar things, but they are better then nothing, unfortunately.
Thanks!

John Martyn said the following on 2.5.2011. 12:14:
As I wrote before, I was going to do an app for this summer and that time is slowly approaching. It will be another month before I am done with blind tunes and that will be fine tuned. I just had to do that in the mean time since I knew I could tackle it quickly. Just keep in mind what you are interested in and what would benefit us all since the music part is taken care of. I don't think it would be good to do an office application since FS already covers Office. That is a full time job and I wouldn't be able to maintain it. Other than that, let's see what comes up.
Thanks,
John Martyn